Friday, August 29, 2008

YOU TUBE OF THE DAY: SENATOR BARACK OBAMA'S ACCEPTANCE SPEECH


Check out Senator Obama as he addresses over 80,000 people and the World giving his historical acceptance speech. Not only did the speech move the crowd, it also moved some of the biggest names in entertainment.

Below are excerpts of what Celebs told ET:

Oprah Winfrey:

"Just seeing him on stage, I cried my eyelashes off. I've never experienced anything like this... I think that what he had to offer the country tonight will make us all better.”

Kanye West:

"It changed my life."

Winfrey after hearing Kanye West:

"I think that's right. I wasn't going to say it but now that you've said it -- it changed my life. I just felt like we can all do so much more."

Mary J. Blige:

"I thought it was awesome. If you weren't here tonight, you missed history. My head is up higher."

Oscar-winning actor Forest Whitaker:

"It's one of the most powerful speeches I've ever heard."

Jessica Alba told the Associated Press:

“Obama's address was incredible."

Lost star Daniel Dae Kim told the AP:

"What I hope happens is the country doesn't forget the jubilation and excitement that's been generated here and I hope it turns into something that changes the world."

Other celebs in attendance included Fergie, Rosario Dawson, Wilmer Valderrama, Star Jones, Susan Sarandon, Anne Hathaway and Kerry Washington.

The event included performances by Will.i.am, Sheryl Crow and Jennifer Hudson, who sang the national anthem.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

0 comments: